Applegate Advising LLC (January 1, 2017-Present)
Founder/Principal of Applegate Advising LLC. Provides advising/coaching/training to the energy efficiency industry and non-profits.
Opinion Dynamics Corporation (2014-2017)
Executive Vice President of Client Relations. Developed strategies to advance the mission of Opinion Dynamics through strategic marketing, client relations and management advising. Executed marketing plan and budget, developed relationships with key industry associations, developed and maintained high-ratings in client satisfaction.
Association of Energy Services Professionals (2006-2014)
President and CEO. Completely changed the strategic management and delivery of member services for the non-profit association. This work resulted in membership growing from less than 800 to over 2200 members and revenues increasing 800 percent in eight years. Fully funded short- and long-term operating reserves. Board policies and procedures were developed to protect the association and guide its future leaders. An association attorney and CPA were selected to guide the board through the association’s phenomenal growth during this period. Members were able to receive CEUs, join new local chapters, serve on the national program committee and attend revamped training programs. The association also built a website with funding from the Department of Energy to provide career mapping for college-bound students, displaced workers and returning veterans (www.myenergygateway.org). Conducted numerous television interviews on the benefits of energy efficiency including CNN and local network affiliates throughout the U.S.
(Contact email@example.com for previous professional history.)
Professional Affiliations, Industry Contributions/Recognition:
- Association of Energy Services Professionals (1992 – present). Founding member of the marketing task force designed to increase AESP’s visibility in the industry. Served on the board of directors including the executive committee and a two-year elected term as chair.
- California Energy Efficiency Industrial Council board of directors (2015 – 2016). Served on the finance committee and focused on revenue generation from conferences and events. Developed a brand identity plan for the association.
- Served on the inaugural peer review committee for the Office of Federal Energy Management Programs (FEMP) in 2005. The findings of this committee are still being cited today.
- Monthly columns for AESP’s Strategies newsletter during two-year term as board chair (2003 – 2005)
- Authored a monthly column on marketing issues for Electric Light and Power magazine (2004 to 2005). Examples of articles include:
- “Branding your Company in a Regulated Environment”
- “Navigating the Rough Waters of Public Relations”
- “Focusing on Ethnic Outreach”
- “Crisis Communications in the Eye of the Hurricane”
- “Marketing on a Shoestring”
- Recipient of AESP’s prestigious B. H. Prasad award for pro bono contributions to the association.